L-CARNITINE AND FAT BURNING:
- L-Carnitine assists in the transport of long-chained fatty acids that are burned for energy.
- L-Carnitine enhances the consumption of fat as a source of fuel.
- L-Carnitine has been shown to increase the amount of fat you burn during both anaerobic (strength training) and aerobic (cardiovascular) workouts.
- L-Carnitine plays an important role in mobilizing fatty deposits found in tissues of overweight individuals.
- L-Carnitine helps remove fats waste products (ketones) from the blood stream.
- Effective carnitine activity helps to discourage fatty build up in the liver, heart, and skeletal muscle.
- L-Carnitine has been shown to improve lean muscle strength. Maintaining muscle tissue takes four to five times more calories than maintaining fat tissue, which is important for permanent weight loss.
- L-Carnitine helps to stabilize blood sugar and eliminate cravings for carbohydrates.
SUPPLEMENTING L-CARNITINE CORRECTLY:
- First, you need to start taking at least 1000 mg per day of L-Carnitine to promote weight loss.
- Obese individuals may start with 2000 mg per day.
- Those with metabolic resistance, start to do well on 3000-5000 mg per day.
- Research has shown, that when you start to feel more energy, it is a sign that the level of carnitine, you are using, is starting to burn body fat.
- Increase carnitine by 500 mg per day (one capsule) until you begin to feel this increased energy level in you daily lifestyle.
- Your energy level will be your guide as to how effective carnitine is working in your body.
- The Physician's Desk Reference (PDR) lists no toxic effects from prolonged use of L-Carnitine.
- It is best taken before breakfast and lunch.